Friday, August 16, 2013

Winding down the week

What a lovely treat to sip an award-winning Pinot-Gris on a Friday night after a long week of vacationing. 

It's even lovelier when a gentleman delivers it right to your door! 


Last weekend at one of the regional garlic festivals, I happened upon a tasty Pinot Gris 2011.  The nice gentleman at the counter informed me that it was an award winner.  I enjoyed the sample he provided.  I also discovered the concept of home wine delivery.  I nearly peed my pants. 

You mean I don't have to lug a bottle home from the store?!  In that case, I'll take two of these and one of those.  Where do I sign up?



Joking aside, I thought it was wonderfully convenient to have the wine delivered to one's door.  It's an interesting twist to traveling hundreds of miles for visits to various wineries and estates.  The other option though provides ample opportunity to see new places, meet new people and join in on a wine and food pairing dinner.

Making my list and checking it twice:

I dug up the requests readers made after I posted my "Wining for a little help..." entry in June.  If you missed out on this opportunity, be sure to send me an email or add a comment below.  Get your request in by August 31st.  
 
Thanks for dropping by.  Wishing you a weekend filled with good food, good cheer and great company.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment