Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Top 10 tips for downsizing

I found this while sipping the first cup of coffee and skimming news sites this morning (okay, MSN has news and celebrity gossip...)

"Cut out the unnecessary before you move to a smaller home."

Good tips.  I chuckled though when they suggested to start three months before your move.  I guess that's good advice if it's just you and your own baggage. 

Details at: 
http://yourmoney.ca/real_estate/top_10_tips_for_downsizing/0c91c32c  which eventually leads to the source article at http://www.styleathome.com/homes/real-estate/top-10-tips-for-downsizing/a/308

I am giving our household more than twelve months due to other commitments and projects on the go.  One young person has one more year of university (insert glowing pride :-) here).  The others are still working out their paths. 

I find it interesting as we go through the seasons, identifying things that we don't use (umm, treadmill, de-humidifier anyone?) and things we likely won't use or need after our move (snow shovels, gardening shovels, rakes, buckets, etc.). 

2 comments:

  1. "Change is an irrefutable principle in life."
    The genius of the modern day presents us with an awesome selection of new things. I discovered that I could improve my standard of living and lifestyle by making "good choices."
    I am very pleased with purchasing the latest and the best to live better.
    You only live once and if you do it right, once will be enough.
    aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for the perfect practical piece of furniture or clothing that meets all my needs. When purse shopping, it is all about the right amount of pockets in the right places - purse nirvana. I'm still looking. LOL. I guess this is why things accumulate in my house...in pursuit of the perfect piece.

    ReplyDelete