Sunday, April 1, 2012

Revival


Spring is here and it snowed in the Ottawa Valley - on April Fool's Day. 

That's okay, it already melted and is providing water for the grass, flowers and trees. I hope we get more rain.  Yep, this is one of my favourite seasons - except for the muck and smell of dog pooh around our neighbourhood.  

In case you weren't aware, the Christian holiday of Easter occurs during spring.  Since I'm a lapsed Catholic, I shouldn't attempt to provide any insights.  I just like the timing of this meaningful religious holiday with the pagan celebrations.  I respect the theme of revival and renewal. 



I cherish the bursting greens and pretty blossoms, cool days and nights before the sticky, humid days of summer.


I also like the opportunities for consuming delicious chocolate.  As for the little chicks and bunnies that have wiggled their way into this holiday, please resist the urge to give a bunny rabbit as an Easter gift.  

What you could do is give yourself a copy of The Year of the Rabbit ebook.  One of the main characters is a priest.  Another is his daughter. 

Curious? Thought so. Write to Florence T. Lyon before April 30th and she'll send you the secret code to obtain a free copy from Smashwords

Have a wonderful Easter week and enjoy what time you can get with your family.  

T

No comments:

Post a Comment