Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ah, the musical cloistered life...

Cloistered nuns cinch record deal    
From CBC.ca July 25, 2010

French Benedictines to record Gregorian chant for British label

"When you hear the sound of nuns chanting, it's like an immediate escape from the challenges, stresses, pace and noise of modern living," noted Lewis back in March when Decca, an arm of Universal Music, posted the search notice.

"This is a sound of something ancient, unchanging and timeless."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/07/25/nuns-record-chant.html 

This would make a nice gift - for me :-)  I would love to listen to the CD (or MP3...) while taking time out and reading sections from Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day by Macrina Wiederkehr.  I acquired my copy at the Blessing Tree Bookstore during a writers' retreat last year. It surely has helped get me through some demanding days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment