Monday, May 2, 2011

A sense of order with sorting, packing and moving


As I step up efforts to downsize our material baggage, I am facing a dilemma of what to do with the copious books residing in our home.  They seem quite comfortable and content in the living room bookcases and in a couple of bedrooms.  Unfortunately, we may not be able to fit all of them in the smaller abode.  Some of them have not even been cracked open yet!

I will have to be selective with which ones can reside in the new bookcase arrangement, which ones will go into storage and which ones will have to find a new home.  It's a difficult decision. 

As I sort through the books of different subjects and attempt to maintain a logical order, I think about the library work term in Muskoka many years ago.  

As I sort out my little corner of the world, I acknowledge that the challenges I face are insignificant compared to recent tragedies and losses experienced by our fellow citizens.  My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment