Sunday, December 5, 2010

Blonde quote about temptation

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can’t resist it."
 Attributed to Mae West

Thanks to Paulo Coelho who listed some of Mae's quotes in his Character of the Week blog posts:  http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2010/12/05/character-of-the-week-mae-west/

From what I have read so far on Wikipedia, I am impressed with her talents.  She seemed like quite the sharp-witted, outspoken and creative woman who moved to Hollywood to become a comedienne, actress and writer.  I am too young to have been exposed to and influenced by her work.  There's still time, I guess ;-^

According to one of her quotes though, she was not a natural blonde.  Apparently, someone wrote a play in honour of one of her dirty blonde quotes

And finally, one that caught my attention:
"I’m no model lady. A model’s just an imitation of the real thing."

Be your own real thing, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment