Saturday, May 28, 2011

Take me away from it all


More like... take it all away from me (as in, things I willingly want to part with...) 

Our recent move to a smaller abode has proven to be an exercise in making choices and efficiently managing our living space.  The whole family has learned to have some forethought before making acquisitions.  I encouraged the young people to take a look at The Story of Stuff video.  My goal over a year ago was to downsize our material possessions and I am happy to say that we have almost met that objective.  I was so happy that the treadmill and encyclopedias found new homes :o)

We have just a few more days to clear out and clean up the old place. It was a happy, clean and bright home for seven years.  It provided us with plenty of space indoors and out.  Now we need a home that is secure and affordable.  Soon the offspring will spread their wings and leave the nest.  Some may need a little nudging ;o) Hence the plan to move to an even smaller place in two years!

Thanks for dropping by to read my blog.  It has been a challenge to find time for posting my deep blonde thoughts during this uprooting and being "off the grid" for five days.  Stay tuned for updates related to Father's Day, finding the perfect man :o) and blog references to my recently released novel "The Year of the Rabbit".  Don't be afraid to follow the rabbit.  I won't lead you down a dark hole but into the lives of small town folk in the 1970s.  Just imagine!  No Internet, no computers and no cell phones.  Ah, simpler times...

T

No comments:

Post a Comment